A few things I’ll miss about Exeter
The rolling West Country hills of Devon have been my adopted home for the last three years. A far cry from the commuter plains of Essex, but as with all good things, my time in Exeter is coming to an end. Here are a few of the things I’ll miss.
- The aptly named ‘Cardiac Hill’ that ensures you arrive at every lecture with a slight sweat on.
- The huge and majestic Cedar of Lebanon, that I came to know so well.
- Exeter Ship Canal, where I learnt to row and realised I was probably meant to be a runner.
- The furthest spot on the horizon, that it took me two attempts to walk to.
- Old Firehouse, the most atmospheric and delicious ale I have ever tasted.
- The great expanse of rolling hills just a few minutes ride from the city, that ensures that every session includes hill repeats.