- Media + More
He has been involved with a variety of research expeditions, from the Peruvian Amazon to the Dhofar Mountains and more. James is an accomplished public speaker and writer having spoken at TEDx and been published in The Biologist and The Guardian. He is also a keen advocate of ‘Citizen Science‘ and founder of Discover Conservation believing that science and adventure go hand in hand.
James runs this website, with a focus on encouraging young conservationists. He blogs about expeditions, motivation, adventure and how to get involved. He writes a monthly newsletter with the most popular articles and news. Find out more about James or get in touch.
In December 2015 James led a team of international scientists on an expedition to a remote part of Northern Madagascar. Here, in collaboration local conservationists, they worked to understand the effects of habitat fragmentation and disturbance on animals communities.
Despite heavy rain and challenging field conditions, the team managed to gather valuable data. This short clip gives an overview of the expedition.
Explore This Site:
- Film Premiere: Life on the Edge https://t.co/COSDn5pI2P8 hours ago
- How To Break Into Wildlife Filmmaking (by making your own luck) https://t.co/ACHOxKlCkXyesterday
- How to get into Conservation in 7 Easy Steps https://t.co/O7j1sob9YFyesterday
- 10 Pieces of Advice on Raising Money for Expeditions https://t.co/FnHMdarRM4yesterday
- The Conservation Guide (How to find honest volunteer project reviews) https://t.co/uSb6ldy4jT2 days ago
A very occasional email newsletter with expedition news, conservation resources and speaking dates.