- Media + More
He has been involved with a variety of research expeditions, from the Peruvian Amazon to the Dhofar Mountains and more. James is an accomplished public speaker and writer having spoken at TEDx and been published in The Biologist and The Guardian. He is also a keen advocate of ‘Citizen Science‘ and founder of Discover Conservation believing that science and adventure go hand in hand.
James runs this website, with a focus on encouraging young conservationists. He blogs about expeditions, motivation, adventure and how to get involved. He writes a monthly newsletter with the most popular articles and news. Find out more about James or get in touch.
In December 2015 James led a team of international scientists on an expedition to a remote part of Northern Madagascar. Here, in collaboration local conservationists, they worked to understand the effects of habitat fragmentation and disturbance on animals communities.
Despite heavy rain and challenging field conditions, the team managed to gather valuable data. This short clip gives an overview of the expedition.
Explore This Site:
- Dr Wilkin in the field next to a staggeringly enormous Ensete plant. Planning to measure the… https://t.co/UndxmXA2td6 hours ago
- I love a good species recovery story… https://t.co/yGoJhcTLwI6 hours ago
- More Starbucks than Cheetahs https://t.co/88hAVybAv6 #conservation6 hours ago
- Getting to know the local Ethiopian tipple. #africa #beer https://t.co/RA6Uwna6lS6 hours ago
- A hop down to Hwassa further along the great Rift Valley to meet more project partners.… https://t.co/XlAtFmt1kDyesterday
A very occasional email newsletter with expedition news, conservation resources and speaking dates.